Ziff Law Firm partner Christina Sonsire and the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers will hold a series of nine Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars at our law firm starting Sept. 19.
Lawyers in the Twin Tiers can earn up to 20 CLE credits to meet both New York and Pennsylvania requirements.
The seminars will be from noon to 2:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month from September through May at the Ziff Law Firm at 303 William St., except for the Nov. 21 seminar, which will be from noon to 4:30 p.m. at Tanino’s Italian Restaurant in Horseheads. This special session will include two lectures by Christina, with local attorneys providing demonstrations of jury selection and opening statements.
Lawyer Paul Isaac will present the first seminar, Settling Your Case and Sleeping at Night, on Sept. 19 with Christina, a member of the academy’s board of directors who has lectured across New York state on various trial topics for the past three years.
The series is free for Academy members. For all others, registration is $250 to join the Academy and attend all nine seminars, or $100 for each program. Lunch is provided at each event. There is an additional fee of $1.50 for each Pennsylvania credit.
The seminars will include presentations by lawyers on different aspects of trial law each month and a 30-minute roundtable discussion open to all participants.
The remaining schedule:
- Oct. 17: Proving Damages at Trial, by lawyers John Bonina, Glenn Verchick and James Modzelewski; Harold Bialsky; and Dr. Frank Tinari.
- Nov. 21 (noon to 4:30 p.m., Tanino Ristorante Italiano in Horseheads): Rethinking Basic Trial Skills: Jury Selection and Opening Statements, by lawyer Christina Sonsire with guest appearances by local lawyers.
- Dec. 19: An Ethics Highlight Review, by lawyers Michael Ross and Clifford Roberts.
- Jan. 16: How to Make Social Media Your Friend: Litigating in the Digital Age, by lawyers Glenn Verchick and Pery Krinsky.
- Feb. 20: The Psychiatric and Psychological Aspects of Personal Injury: Bringing it Home to the Jury, by lawyer Daniel Santola and Dr. Angela Hegarty.
- March 20: Birth Trauma Malpractice, by lawyers Mark Bower and Paul Casi, and registered nurse Nursine Jackson.
- April 17: ABCs of EBTs, by lawyers Glenn Verchick and A.J. Smith.
- May 15: Meaningful Mediation, by Hon. Allen Hurkin-Torres, and lawyers David Paul Horowitz, Bruce Ressler and Frank Quinn.
To register: Call 518-364-4044 or go here.
To learn more: contact Christina by email at email@example.com or call 607-733-8866 or 1-800-ZIFFLAW.
Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you at our law firm starting on Sept. 19!