Yahoo Travel just released a list of the “Best Summer Lake Towns” in the country – and one of the best is practically in our backyard. Watkins Glen, on Seneca Lake, made the No. 2 spot on this national list!
Reasons Watkins Glen made the list:
- Wine – The Seneca Lake Wine Trail has more than 36 wineries and Finger Lakes Distilling.
- NASCAR racing – Watkins Glen International raceway, of course.
- Sailing – Yahoo recommends Seneca Sailing Adventures for a quick cruise.
- Farm Sanctuary – one of only two shelters in the U.S. that take in farm animals and an educational center for learning about the ills of factory farming.
- Nature – Watkins Glen is right next to the new Catharine Valley Trail and the Finger Lakes National Forest, more than 16,000 acres of unspoiled glades and trails.
- And finally – I have to stop somewhere – the hospitality. Watkins Glen has the brand-new Harbor Hotel, the grand Idlwilde Inn and charming bed-and-breakfasts such as Echoes of the Glen.
It sure is sweet to have so much in our area! I think about the great lake towns where so many of my personal injury and medical malpractice clients live. Each town or village has a unique charm, from Penn Yan, Canandaigua, Geneva (Lake Trout Capital of the World), to Hammondsport, Skaneateles, Ithaca and Auburn.
I count myself very fortunate to practice regularly in this beautiful region. And before I forget – lake towns are gorgeous, but I can’t discount the appeal of Elmira (where my offices are), and nearby Corning and Big Flats.
Look around – we are lucky enough to live in one of the prettiest places on the planet!
Thanks for reading,
James B. Reed, Esq.
Personal Injury & Malpractice Attorney
Ziff Law Firm, LLP
303 William St., Elmira, NY 14902
Tel. (607) 733-8866 Fax. (607) 732-6062
Toll Free 1-800-943-3529
Related articles by Zemanta
- Finger Lake Photos (fingerlakesweekendwino.blogspot.com)
- Finger Lakes Vacation Wine Tour Tasting Tips (fingerlakesweekendwino.blogspot.com)
- Finger Lakes Dining at its Best (waterintowino.typepad.com)