Jim Reed, the managing partner of the Ziff Law Firm, has been named the 2015 Plaintiffs’ Lawyer of the Year among personal injury lawyers in the Southern New York Region which includes Elmira, Binghamton, Corning and Ithaca.
Jim earned the prestigious honor by fighting hard to achieve outstanding results for his clients over the last 28 years. It is no surprise to other lawyers who know Jim’s good work that he is the only local lawyer to receive this tremendous award. Everyone at the Ziff Law Firm congratulate Jim on this well-deserved recognition of his hard work.
Christina Sonsire said Jim always puts his clients first.
“He has set an incredible example to follow when it comes to working hard for clients,” Christina said. “He brings compassion to the people he works for, and is a powerful advocate for what they deserve.”
Among his many achievements:
- Jim has zealously represented thousands of clients in New York State and Pennsylvania for almost 30 years.
- He has achieved many multimillion dollar results on behalf of his clients, including one settlement that will pay a client almost $20 million.
- He has been named to the Best Lawyers In America directory, the only lawyer in the area selected for that honor.
- He has been named a New York Super Lawyer for the seventh year in a row. Super Lawyers, a rating service of lawyers from more than 70 practice areas, selects the top lawyers based on nominations by their peers and an evaluation of 12 indicators of professional recognition and achievements.
- He was appointed by Chief Judge Judith Kaye, the former top judge in the state’s New York Court of Appeals, to serve six years on the state’s Judicial Qualification Commission.
- He is the co-author of “New York Personal Injury Law,” which is published by the New York Bar Association.
- He is a tireless advocate for bicyclists, representing hundreds of bicyclists and their families in accident cases. He is also on the board of the New York Bicycling Coalition, a group advocating for bicycle safety.
Two Elmira-area lawyers who have known Jim for years explain why Jim was the best injury lawyer to receive the honor, which is based on the recommendations of lawyers in Chemung, Steuben, Tompkins, Broome and Tioga, N.Y., counties:
“I have referred many clients to Jim because I know they will be in excellent hands,’ said David Pawlak, a lawyer from Big Flats, NY. “I follow the cases and respect the way he organizes and negotiates each one. His remarkable record as a plaintiffs’ lawyer speaks for itself. Jim develops a rapport with his clients and legal adversaries. He is a fierce advocate, always keeping the interests of his clients paramount.”
“I have recommended several clients to Jim, and they were impressed with his dedication and tenacity,” said Fred Cerio, an Elmira lawyer. “Personal injury is a specialized area of the law that requires lawyers to be precise with timelines and up to date on changes in the law. Jim’s recognition as the top personal injury lawyer in the region and his reputation as a fighter for his clients are the best evidence of his professionalism.”
Jim will be included in the Best Lawyers directory, a nationally recognized resource used to locate the best-qualified attorneys by region.
Congratulations from your Ziff Law family!