OK, if you’re thinking “Why would I want an accident app?” I can tell you.
IWrecked is an invaluable tool for recording essential details after a crash. It’s absolutely FREE and from my perspective(s) – as a personal injury lawyer, an avid bicyclist and bike accident attorney and an everyday driver – this app is something everybody with an iPhone (or one of the new iPod Touch w/cameras) should have.
I’m using this app on my own iPhone and I thought it would be a good idea to spread the word. I heard about this app via The Chicago Bicycle Advocate by Brendan Kevenides (“Cool iPhone App Can Help Bicyclists After A Crash”).
Basically, iWrecked can help in two ways – recording information about an accident and getting help after an accident. According to the description by iWrecked makers Vurgood Applications, the app is a resource for recording everything you need to after a wreck.
“Take unlimited photos of the damage and accident scene…. generate a detailed, professional-looking PDF accident report with images, which you can send directly from the app to your insurance company.”
Wow, that’s two sentences describing would be a tremendous hassle without iWrecked to prompt you to get the information you need, then sort and store it, and make a report. Here are some more features:
- detailed accident log and history
- unlimited photos from the device camera or imported from photo library
- a PDF accident report with images to preview and send
- listings of nearby taxi and/or towing companies to assist you
- emergency numbers (911) with the press of a button
- unlimited vehicle information and photos in a log
- speed-dial call buttons to set for the insurance company, other driver and more
You can see a video of iWrecked in action on in this post (embedded above). Check it out.
No bicyclist expects to be in an accident, yet accidents happen every day. Why not be prepared – especially since it’s FREE!
Thanks for reading,
James B. Reed
NY & PA Bike Accident Lawyer
Ziff Law Firm, LLP
Toll-Free: 800-ZIFFLAW (943-3529)